Want to use digital marketing to attract and convert potential customers, build brand awareness, boost sales and provide maximum ROI?
You’ll need to use campaign-orientated marketing tactics.
By building an effective strategy that considers the needs of your potential customer, covers multiple digital marketing channels and sings your message loud and clear, you accelerate the success of your business.
Instead of struggling to think of what to post online and whether you should send a marketing email or not, you’ll enjoy a clear, strategic plan that removes much of the guesswork and delivers results.
So, what does a digital marketing campaig look like? What are the benefits of using these tactics and what do you need to consider? Let’s take a look.
Digital marketing tactics: What is a digital marketing campaign?
A digital marketing campaign is a marketing strategy where you send your message to your customers across all digital channels instead of just one.
Putting it simply, let’s say that you want to tell your customers that you will soon be running a special promotion.
Instead of just posting to social media or creating some content, you could market your business from all angles, using organic search, social media, email, paid ads and even content marketing.
What are the benefits of campaign-oriented tactics?
Campaign-orientated tactics are highly effective because it helps you capture the attention of your customers and prospective customers in real-time, no matter what digital channel they prefer.
Whether they’re big fans of social media, prefer to use email or read blog posts or simply use Google searches when they’re looking for a solution to their problem, you will be right there ready to help.
By doing this, you help ensure that your digital marketing efforts reach your target market where they most like to spend their time, it increases your visibility and encourages your audience to sit up and pay attention.
With this campaign-orientated approach, your marketing will also be more cohesive and efficient, easier on your marketing budget and more likely to achieve the marketing goals that you want.
Digital marketing campaigns are also measurable so you can review how successful they are and tweak them as required until you find your marketing sweet spot.
What should your digital marketing campaign include?
Any digital marketing campaign should be strategically spread over all the digital marketing channels your customers use so you can increase brand awareness, increase sales, and hit your marketing goals.
Depending on your business, this could include all or many of the following:
- Email marketing
- Social media
Your website is crucial to the success of any digital marketing campaign.
If it isn’t professional, attractive or easy to use and doesn’t showcase your business and brand effectively, you could lose potential customers. You could also waste money trying different marketing tactics if you don’t have this sorted first.
Here are some tips:
- Ensure your website copy sells your business, uses your brand voice, and highlights how you can solve your target audience’s problems
- Position the most important information ‘above the fold’ (the part your visitor sees before they scroll down)
- Simplify your website content, avoiding jargon or using too much text
- Choose a mobile, friendly website design or theme
- Think about user experience- how easily can your potential customers find what they need?
Once you’ve attracted potential customers to your website, you need to give them a reason to stay there.
For that reason, create well-written and informative content such as videos and blog posts that speak to the needs of your audience, help solve their problems and encourage them to keep exploring your website and company.
Make sure you do your research before you start writing. Learn exactly who your potential customers are, what problems they face, and what content would add the most value to their lives.
Then ensure you’re posting regularly, adding fresh content that will keep your customers engaged and help you rank higher on Google.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of making it easier for search engines like Google to send your target customer to your website. It involves tasks such as:
- Adding keywords to your website copy and content
- Linking to other relevant parts of your website and other supporting content
- Optimising your meta titles and meta descriptions
- Ensuring your website page load speeds are fast enough
- Adding an FAQ section
- Reviewing performance data, obtaining backlinks, and making SEO improvements
SEO is becoming increasingly complex with Google changing its requirements frequently. AI is also adding another layer of intricacy. That’s why we recommend you ask professional SEO experts, like the team here at Marcom to help you boost your online visibility. Contact us today.
Email marketing remains one of the most effective ways to reach your customer, keep them updated, promote your product or service and keep them coming back for more. This is because it feels more personal, they’re more likely to open an email than click on a targeted ad and it helps build brand awareness and get your customers engaged. Enhance your email marketing strategy by:
- Sending regular marketing emails such as newsletters
- Don’t spam your customers- make sure you are offering useful information
- Create a kickass subject line that sparks curiosity and makes them want to read more
- Place email list signup forms in prominent places across your website to increase your audience
- Use automated marketing funnels such as welcome emails, ‘thank you for your purchase’ emails and email sequences to add value, boost loyalty and show that you value their custom.
- Feeling overwhelmed? We can help with this too. Find out more here.
Let’s face it- social media marketing is key to creating an effective digital marketing campaign in the 21st century.
Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn can help you attract potential customers, connect with them and showcase products or services in a real-time, effective manner.
The most potent method for social media is to use campaign-oriented tactics – targeting the unique needs of each user on each platform. Create an overall strategy and social media content calendar and ensure you’re posting regularly.
This could include:
- Providing engaging content
- Answering customer questions
- Using videos and images to capture their attention
- Showcasing services or products
- Using influencer marketing to help raise brand awareness and reach
If you want to have an impact online, grow your customer base, raise brand awareness and boost revenue, you need to use a strategic digital marketing campaign. This helps your online marketing effects to work holistically, saves you precious time and money and helps attract, convert, close and delight.
Need help creating your digital marketing campaign? We can help. Get in touch with us today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.